WHO IS SANDY
Sandy Wiles, Creative Geek
I am Sandy Wiles, a self-proclaimed creative geek and owner of 12A Website Solutions. I am a super-chill, Maryland native, currently living in Frederick with my daughter and our calico, both of which are beautiful but a bit sassy. I love color, fonts, and graphics as much as I love structure, process, and order. I adore small homes and mid-century modern styles mixed with a little bit of boho. My guilty TV pleasure is watching Perry Mason. You can learn a bit more about who I am here and a bit about my business beliefs here.
So, how did I end up here?
In 2006, I began searching for a way to do work that made me happy and be home with my daughter as she entered her pre-teen years. I ultimately found AssistU, a virtual training program, and my virtual revolution began. I started my business in 2007 and haven’t looked back. Over the years, my business has changed and grown, and I have happily landed in my passion — website design and business support — with a focus on simplicity and structure.
I have created a business where beauty and strategy happily co-exist.
My Business Beliefs
I believe a business should have strong foundations and processes.
I believe in simplicity.
I don’t think you have to do #allthethings to be successful.
I believe in white space — in my life, in my work, and in websites.
I believe we determine what success means to each of us.
JUST FOR FUN
Learn a little more about me
- I don’t watch scary movies, EVER. Seriously, NEVER. They completely freak me out and have me checking closets, showers, and under the bed for weeks.
- I love pajamas — all kinds of pajamas for all seasons. But I do NOT work in pajamas.
- I have had thyroid cancer twice. God showed His amazing intervention both times. It helped me to realize how strong I am and how much we need to appreciate the little things in life.
- I sing in the car…loud. And there might be some dancing too.
- My niece used to call me a hippy and, I have to admit, it feels right. I think that’s a big part of my super-chill personality.
- I consider myself an introvert. That doesn’t mean that I’m not social. I just work really well in a crazy, uninterrupted focus and cherish my alone time with a cup of tea and my thoughts.
- I am an optimist and believe we make choices as they relate to our happiness. I choose to be happy and see the opportunities that are all around me.
How can I help you with your next project?
Let’s grab some coffee (or tea), hop on Zoom, and talk about
how to make your website work for you.