I just returned from Ignite, an incredible 3-day event in Park City, Utah. I attended this event with a client to get a little behind the scenes know-how for her upcoming event. That I definitely got, but I also had a ton of ah-ha moments; a few that I want to share. Some are new things, some are reminders of things forgotten, but all have had an impact on my work since I returned.
My Biggest Take-Aways From Ignite
1. I am forever curious and learning new things. Over the last 10+ years, I’ve learned that in everything there are gold nuggets for me. I don’t need to implement 100% of a training or webinar, or think that it’s the only way. This event was no different. The first few days there was a ton of content that I wasn’t familiar with, and honestly, some of it didn’t naturally fall in my comfort zone. I was reminded to look for the bits and pieces of new knowledge that I can implement into my business. I now have new tools to expand myself and my business, and I’m excited about that.
2. I work at home. It is very easy to get in a rut or let the work and life lines blur together. I was reminded that I need to step away more often and enjoy the company of other people — in person. Spending a few days out from behind my laptop was energizing.
3. A topic that came back to me day after day was trusting myself. I was reminded that I need to trust myself in all areas of my business and life. Period.
4. While it was affirmed that I need to get out more, I was also reminded that I’m a social introvert. I loved the energy in the room but still needed time to myself to decompress.
5. I was reminded that the space I choose to work in truly affects my work.
6. I learned that I don’t dislike flying as much as I thought I did, but it can be exhausting. Side note — I am a confirmed East Coast girl.
7. I learned that after busting my butt all day, a hot tub, shower, and bed feel amazing.
I pushed myself way outside my comfort zone to attend this event and I am so, so thankful that I did. Whether it came through gentle reminders or new lessons, I came back to my office knowing that I have everything I need to blow the doors off this business. And I intend to do just that.